Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Her and me

As I write this, she is sitting on my lap, balanced between my arms. She is making those jerky movements with her arms that 3 month old babies make. And constantly cooing and drooling. She is wearing an orange onesie and dotted blue and beige pyjamas. She is smelling of Calendula oil which I massaged her with an hour ago. Her hair has grown.

Me. I am wearing my black lululemon yoga pants. Because they are the only things that will comfortably fit my post pregnancy body. A black nursing T-shirt. Nursing , as in it has these flaps you can conveniently lift when you have to nurse. My hair is dripping, since I just had a shower. The shower that followed my half an hour of swimming and sauna. My hair has grown too.

Gia and me. We are slowly, but surely getting used to each other. She knows me now. My face, that is. I am getting to know her every day. Her soul.

I call her girlfriend, and whenever I go, "hey, girlfriend", she instantly smiles and her face lights up.

She is that. My friend. My daughter. My little Gia.

And what a billiant end. She just pooped. And I must go change her diaper.

1 comment: