Monday, September 29, 2008

The dream

And what a dream. Significant in so many ways. Telling in so many others. Empowering. Teaching.
First, it was the color. Black. I was wearing all black. A color I associate with confidence. A color that always empowers me. Makes me feel more confident than I actually am feeling.

I was standing on some sort of a very narrow bridge. Not even a bridge , more a narrow cemented long platform. Narrow, very narrow. Dangerously so.

And then there was the deep dark abyss below. A very frightening abyss of which I was terrified. Petrified, actually.

Petrified of the height I was at. Petrified that I would fall, even if I let out a single breath. That a single movement, even so slight, would plunge me downwards.

And so I was standing there absolutely paralyzed.

I called out for help. And no one heard me. And all I could hear was snoring.

And for a minute I felt that this was the end. I would fall.

And then , suddenly, the energy. I saw it in the physical sense, at first. In my body. In my muscles that were so taut, so toned, so powerful. The muscles in my abdominal core and in my arms. And then I felt the energy in the mental sense. In my mind telling me that this was not the end. That this was too soon to be the end. That I could get out of this. Easily and on my own.

And from the state of being too scared of even breathing, I lifted my arms upwards, grabbed the surface above me and in one great surge of muscular power, hoisted myself up. And lifted myself over the abyss. To safe ground.

And the rush, the adrenalin rush, man, that felt good. It was what I needed.

It is what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this ..I know..I know you are so very strong..hpmph..push..shove..hoist..we are all getting there

    ReplyDelete