Monday, August 30, 2010

You know you have a best friend when.....

The conversation goes like this....

Beep beep beep beep beep beep (numbers being dailled)

Thank you for using Yak ( meaning it's an international call)

Hey, Mr Tambourine man (ring tone)

Hellllooo (sleepy , waking up voice)

Hello, sorry, is it early? (read, the sleepy voice)

Yes (read , you're in Toronto..it's 10 pm...I'm in Bangalore ..it's 7 am)

Oh sorry , ok (read, I know you have busy mornings and I get that..so go back to sleeping)

Is it urgent? (read, ...all okay? If not, tell me...I can give up few winks to talk to you)

No, No..just our usual (read, you know how we live in separate continents, oceans apart, opposite time zones, yet we talk everyday filling in each other with the minutest details of our life)

I do know I have a best friend!

3 comments:

  1. This post is one of the reasons i wish blogpost had a 'like' (read, awww so sweet!!) button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, clearorcloudy...glad you liked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww ( read, oh my god, I know how happy you make me and yet when you say it like this I feel happier)

    ReplyDelete