Sunday, January 24, 2010

Self, meet self.


Hi you

Me?
Yes, you

And You?
Me?

I am you.
Me?
Yes, you.


I know you?
Sure , you do.

You are?
You.
You are..
me?

I am you,
From, back then
when...

There was fire..
And passion
and desire
and dreams.

Really, Me?
Yes, you.

Back when..
Nothing was,
Not to be achieved.
Mediocrity, not an option
Compromises, not to be made.


This life
truly live it.


Back then...when
The world was for the taking..
The universe was to be unraveled,
Paths to discover
Journeys to be made


Words to be read
The hunger
To know it all
See it all
Do it all
Achieve it all

Overcome it
Fight it
Stand up for it

Be vocal
be strong
proud
Even, vain
never one among the crowd
Always ahead. or above. or away.


To meet, to love,
to learn, to grow
To talk and listen
And then some more.

To live,
And not just.
But , to live
it up....
and large.

A life. One life. This life. Lived.


Me?
Yes, you

That was me?
That was you.

So, hello, me
Hello, you.

What gives?
What's up with you?
Me?


Yes, you
From back then.. when

This is me
It's just not, back then...when.

But, hello you
And hello me

Nice to have met you
Or, really, me.
From back then....when

Stick with me
You,
Well, me.
From back then, when.

I like you.
I like me.
From back then.

I'd like to be you.
I'd like to be me.
From back then when.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god yes!! Really....from back then when...you're bang on...I almost walk around sometimes being disappointed with who I've become....and coming to terms with life as it is now ...feels like a lot of settling...or just managing expectations i think. It would be nice to connect with friends once every month, so they can remind you of how you were back then...and stoke that fire in your belly that lies dormant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh now this is a conversation I have many times with me too..very well said. I know that one from back then..way too cool..and from now too, Cool you shall be, now and then. And ya stick with it..the then one..coz it's makes your now..way too cool.

    ReplyDelete