Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Men only want to sleeping, sleeping, sleeping

A hot Italian sausage , please.

Yes, she says.

How old your baby? She asks, flipping the sausage on the grill.

One. I say.

I want babies too. But difficult to find a nice man, you know. Men only want to sleeping, sleeping with woman. Sleeping, you know. Just sleeping and that's it. No good.

Yes, I say. Only have babies with nice man.

Yes, she say. I want with nice man.

Where you from? she says.

India, I say.

Aah, I am thinking Italian, she says. You are looking , from Italian.

Where are you from? I ask

Turkey. (pronounced (toorkey, in a very turkeyish accent). You know Turkey?

Yes, I say.
She smiles.

I get my passport, then I go home, She says.

Passport? I say. Oh, Citizenship?

Ya, shes says, citizen. Then I go back. Here, no life. Turkey, very good. Here, too much work, work work. everything rush , rush. And tax. Too much tax. Tax, tax, tax.

I, no like here.

Have you applied for citizenship? I ask.

Yes, she says. One year and 5 months more, she says.

She is counting.

Here, your hot dog. You enjoy.

You look good. Like Italian. Good with baby.

Thank you, I say. Grin, grin.

Well, good luck, I say. Adding relishes to the hot dog.

I will see you again. Ketchup and Mustard.

Ya, she says. Nice to talk to you.

Bye.

Conversation with a hot dog vendor from Turkey, outside Union station in Toronto. 1.30 pm , Monday afternoon.

She belives men mostly just want to sleep around, Canada has way too much taxation, and that someone who looks incredibly Indian can also look Italian.

5 comments:

  1. LOL...nice post... Very journalistic...you have a very fresh way in narrating your stories...keep them stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha loved it..I like the toorkey lady..and ya..she will so need a man who doesnt just sleep sleep sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're the best, you're the best, you're the best...sung to the tune of juhi-SRK song. i love this conversation series. keen stuff. write more...pleasssseee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @agent green glass- thank you thank you thank you..also sung to tune of Juhi-SRK song.

    @ this is that: I knew you would love it. Everytime I have these encounters, I can't wait to tell you.

    @Susan: Thanks for always reading.

    ReplyDelete