Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Three mad women. One crazy dog. A rickety old car.

Memories. Rock solid things. Escpecially the good, happy, crazy ones. Those are for keeps. Those are the ones the ones that find a special nook in the chambers of your head and then just lodge themselves there. For good.
Of course, the details get fuzzier as you get older, but the essence stays.
And everytime you decide to visit that little nook in your head, you remember. And you smile.
I want to pen those memories down. I want to dig them up. And smile as I do.
I want to save them before the nooks get all taken. And the details get fuzzier.
So here goes.
It is only fair I start with a very happy one. It features three mad women, one crazy dog and a seriously old car.
Like I said, the details get fuzzeir, so I am not sure why we made the trip. Was it to drop me off? ? Or pack my stuff for the night and head back to G's house? We had a purpose, I know. But it doesn't matter. Becuase I am just glad we made the trip.
We. G, me and Roo. And one crazy (God bless his soul) dog named Paoli. G's adopted stray, Poali. Sweet Poali. Moody Poali. Crazy Poali. Poali, who also has a special nook in my head.
From G's C2 in CP to my 142 in Noida.
Late night.
In G's serioulsy old, yet dependable Fiat. Oh, the memories I have of that car. All good.
Gray, I think it was. Vintage, definitely.
So we head off. I think it was Roo and G in the front. And me and Poali at the back. Well, me at the back and Poali pretty much all over me at the back.
And here's the thing. All through the drive, we laughed. Man, we laughed. At silly , inane stuff. Office gossip, life, ex boyfriends, current crushes, colleagues, silly jokes, this, that and this. We talked and we laughed.
Roo also sang. A lovely hindi song. Very seriously. And G and me laughed. We thought she was being funny. But she wasn't. And she was upset. And we felt bad. And made it up to her. And then she laughed.
We even invented a word. Mountaaaaains. We still say it. After all these years. And we laugh.
At one point, Paoli stuck his bum right in my face. He also stuck it in Roo's face. We had a dog stick his bum our faces. And we laughed. It was outright gross. But we laughed.
And if you ever had that happen to you and you were in the company of some really good friends, who have a kickass sense of humor, you'd laugh too. Trust me.
Then we got to Noida. And as the door to the car opened, Poali jumped out and ran. Away. Into the Sector 37 streets of Nodia. In the middle of the night. Like any crazy , wild , happy dog would.
And then the three of us, in our nightshirts and Pj's chased him on the streets of Sector37 in Noida. In the middle of the night. Like any three seriously crazy, mad, happy women would.
We fnally got Poali. Leashed him up.
We were still laughing.
Man, what a trip . What a night. And what a rock solid memory.
Oh, and we never ever laugh when Roo sings now. Never.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha..so so glad you dug this up. What a memory that night was, the laughter, the singing, me sulking, calling you all bitches..!Oh I loved our mad times together. So non judgemental. What a beautiful little nook off your head onto the blog. And welcome my dear..never stop writing. And ya, you still laugh, alot, everytime I sing, but then I haven learnt to laugh too, especially when we sing our duets. Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho ! hahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kya gum hai jisko chupa rahe ho........

    ReplyDelete